Thursday, January 28, 2016

Wax

What is it about wax these days? It seems everywhere we try to surf the boards have no wax. I mean, it's only happened twice, but still, that's two out of the two times we have tried to surf in Australia. First, Mira and I rented a surf board in Pambula, in New South Wales. The next time we were borrowing a board from our friends in Torquey, near Melbourne. In Pambula the conditions were pretty good. The waves weren't closing out, it was warm and sunny, and it wasn't too choppy. It would have been perfect had I not slipped off my board a thousand times. It was even hard just to paddle put without slipping off sideways. The next time, while in Torquey, it was choppy and the waves weren't great, but I wanted to give it a try anyway. Every time I tried to pop up, my hands would slip right out from under me, and I would face plant into either the surf board or the waves. No matter what, a board without wax is super slippery. What's so difficult about rubbing a surf board down with wax every once in a while?

- Maya


No comments:

Post a Comment