Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Old Friends


We are with Matt and Sheila, my parents' friends who came to visit. Sheila is open to trying new things but unfortunately she was sick the night my sister decided to try some local cuisine. Matt hates bugs even dead ones. He freaks out when there is a bug 5 feet away from him.

Maya took us to a place called Bugs Cafe.


She loves trying new things, including bugs, but nobody else liked it. We took a look at the menu: 


And Matt was not happy. We ordered. We ate. And I will never have another barbeque skewer again! The tarantula was hairy.  The crickets felt like they were still alive in my mouth, and the water bug was squishy! Matt didn't want to be the only person who didn't eat a bug so he picked up my water bug and heled it up to his face, then we took a photo, then he dropped the stick and gagged! He had at least 6 beers!!

- Mira




No comments:

Post a Comment