Saturday, September 19, 2015

Java

Recently I found myself at a local travel agent in Bali. booking plane tickets to Yogyakarta, when I noticed a quote on a calendar on the agent's desk. It read:

"We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us". ~ Anonymous

I couldn't agree more. The quote is succinct and captures the essence of why Nadia and I committed to this big adventure we're on with the kids. I feel so lucky to have the opportunity to do this with Nadia, Maya and Mira.

We've just completed a fulfilling week in central Java visiting amazing temples, exploring Yogyakarta, jeep riding on an active volcano, rock climbing at the coast, and even learning the traditional and time intensive way of making batik.

We're now in Micronesia and excited to go diving tomorrow with manta rays and on large WWII shipwrecks.

Here are a few pics of the  past week.   Cheers, Rob

Prombanan Temple, (Hindu) built in 900 AD 

Borobudur,Temple (Buddhist) 

Yaya sisterhood 

4-wheeling on Mt. Morapi volcano, Yogyakarta 

Fisherman harvesting crustaceans, coast of Java 

Mira rock climbing (falling here) 

My first attempt at batik. 4 hours work 

Maya making a friend

Hip pedal cars, we rented one and cruised

No comments:

Post a Comment