Sunday, August 23, 2015

In Love

I'm in love!

I love being in Amed, on the northeastern tip of Bali, Indonesia, staying in a quiet little town known for its snorkeling and diving.  This little town is fairly undeveloped, though there are lots of guest houses and dive shops.  It reminds me of the coastal part of Tulum, Mexico.  It's got that same sort of laid-back vibe - the vibe for which Bali is known (but probably no longer has in the southern touristy parts of the island).
 Sunrise in Amed

The Bamboo Bali Guesthouse

I love that today, another family is joining us on our trip!  We've known Denise and Jay since before Rob and I were married.  They came to our wedding in the Emirates.  We see them every summer when we're in USA.  Their two kids, Charlotte and Jimmy, are the same ages as Maya and Mira.  Spending two weeks with them in Bali way makes up for not seeing them at Indian Lake this summer!

I love that tomorrow, we're going to a house, to stay there for two whole weeks!!  We'll be able to unpack.  We will be able to play music as loudly as we'd like.  We'll have a kitchen.  We can buy and eat simple, fresh, and uncooked vegetables and foods.  Heaven!

Oh yes, I'm damn lucky and I'm in love...

Nadia

No comments:

Post a Comment