Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Auntie Jane

The sound of music filled in the gaps of silence.
"Ok" The driver said while getting out of the car. he grabs our bags and we all follow him into the hotel. We had just arrived at Flores island at a hotel called jayakarta resorts. I walk in and see a front desk made out of beautiful old wood, then i look to the right and see another beautiful old table and beautiful old chairs, that remind me of my aunt, She makes art out of drift wood and stuff, its really cool, if she owned a hotel this is what it would look like. Anyways, I keep walking and i see a HUGE chess set and a big pool. My face becomes lightens at the sight of it.
"Can I PLEEEEEAAAASE go explore the beach!" I pleaded
"Ok but make it quick." Dad said. I run to see the beach as soon as my feet touched the sand burning from the mid day sun i see a beautiful landscape of the ocean and a bunch of little islands with big mountains. I look to my left and see an old broken down ship, I look to my right and see a bunch of old drift wood pieces stuck in the ground, Which also made me think of my aunt. I walk down to the waters edge. The waves were small and the sand was black, it was volcanic sand. then i realized how long it had been and ran back up to the lobby, Mom and dad were just getting the bags to go up stairs, perfect timing I thought, grabbed by bag and jumped in the elevator, still smiling because I know what adventures are to come in the next few days.

Mira

P.S. (Her website: janemaroniorganicdesighns.com )

No comments:

Post a Comment