Saturday, February 27, 2016

The Jump

Carefully, I bring my left leg over the railing. Just sitting there, half way off, have way on, the wind blows in my face, making me wobble. This is the scariest part. I pull my right leg up, and slide it slowly over the cold brass pole. My weight is balanced just so, between my hands, my butt, and the tips of my toes. If my hands or toes slip, I will fall. I've waited long enough. I take in one last breath of air, and push off with the tips of my feet. The wind blows my hair up, as my arms and legs flail in mid air. What seems like eternity, is actually only a couple seconds. First my feet slap the surface, then my hands, and then I'm fully submerged. The river has engulfed me, and now I'm floating downstream. I did it, the perilous jump from the foot bridge. And now it's time to do it again :)

Maya


No comments:

Post a Comment