Monday, December 7, 2015

Freezing

As I stepped off of the tiny airplane, my face felt as if it had been tuned to ice. There was a frigid wind blowing through the valley, and I was colder than ever. Bhutan was going to be the coldest place on our trip, we even had winter clothes brought over by my grandparents. Every morning I would wrap up in two pairs of pants, a t-shirt, a long sleeve shirt, a sweatshirt, and often times a beanie and scarf as well. At midday the temperature wasn't too bad, in the colder places it was around 15 degrees Celcius, and in the warmer areas as high as 25. After Bhutan, we were glad to abandon all of our winter gear and change back into shorts and t-shirts. Now I wish we had thought to keep some of our winter clothes. It is close to 12 degrees Celcius, the wind is howling, and it's raining cats and dogs. In fact, it's so cold and stormy that we put off trekking through Myanmar, and decided to stay indoors and bundled up. So I am writing this blog from under a thick fury blanket, right next to a portable heater, and I'm still freezing my butt off. Good luck to all those fighting the cold back home. I sure am glad that it will be summer for the rest of the trip.

Maya

No comments:

Post a Comment