Monday, May 2, 2016

Jane Maroni Organic Designs

            In Mexico, art is everywhere, in restaurants, in galleries, even on the streets. Here in Punta de Mita, the art happens to be in my Aunty Jane's house. She is an artist. Her house is beautifully situated on a hill above the beach. Inside there are piles of driftwood, shells, and seeds, shelves of fish and dolphin bones, and even one whale bone. Most of which will be incorporated into her artwork, although some she just keeps for herself. She found most of it on her morning walks on the beach. Her and my Uncle Chris work together to create amazing mobiles, furniture, and wall hangings. She designs most of the pieces, and he puts them together. They are a great team, as all of the artwork is absolutely beautiful. In fact, if I could I would have their pieces hanging all over my house. If any of you would like some of this amazing artwork, visit my aunt's website, http://www.janemaroniorganicdesigns.com , or her Facebook page, Jane Maroni Organic Designs.

- Maya
 One of my favorites - made with driftwood and old shells.

 A wall hanging with dolphin bones and drift wood.

Another beautiful mobile - again with driftwood and shells.

No comments:

Post a Comment