Monday, April 11, 2016

Dancing

My flippers splash the surface above me, but only for a few seconds before I am completely submerged. It's like a dance, swimming with the sea lions. You have to do flips and twirl all the while facing eachother. As the dance progresses, the sea lion and I get closer and closer, until one point when he is just inches away from my face. Finally, after much twirling and spinning and flipping, I need to take a break. It's harder than you would think, swimming with these creatures. While I catch my breath on the surface, the sea lion patiently floats below, staring up with large curious eyes. Once more it is time to dance. We circle eachother getting faster and faster, until it is time to start the spinning and twirling and flipping again.

-Maya


No comments:

Post a Comment