Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Trekking through the Jungle

There we were, trekking through the jungle with only 5 small backpacks for supplies.  The whole family was there, plus the guide and his friend.

"Girls!" Yells mom from behind "Come look at this!" she cries. Maya and I both race back - what's this?  It's a caterpillar, covered in hair.

"Can you touch it?" I Ask.

"Yah" says the guide. He reaches over and brushes over it with his finger.


We continue walking and we stop at a tree that is twisted, and has a swing. I rapidly go over and check it out. I climbed up little higher, and my sister comes running over and starts climbing too.


She comes when I am standing on it with no hands, and shakes it, I fall! But land on my feet.

The guide laughs, and we are all quite confused. He says something in Thai. Then tries to translate it. "She is a ling." He says still giggling "What is a ling?" Mom asked with a smile on her face. The man acts like a monkey, and me and my sister are both convinced he is crazy.

We start moving again, and we see a bug that curls up into a ball, cool mushrooms that grow out of elephant poop, and a few more things.




Overall that day would be from 1 - 10 a definite 12. The guide knew a lot, and was funny. He was also good at translating considering he knew only limited English.

Mira

2 comments:

  1. I am enjoying your blog a lot! I can't wait to learn about your next adventure! Be safe, have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the picture of the lizard!

    ReplyDelete